Friday, May 2, 2008

Short & Sweet...

As I type this I'm laying in bed in my newly rented cottage!!!! Yay for having my own bathroom and kitchen again :o) I'll try to take a few photos (as soon as it's a little more decorated) and post them up here. As is evident from my lack of posts, things have been so busy...
The sweet baby boy I mentioned last time sailed through open heart surgery beautifully and was discharged from the hospital a little less than a week ago. His house parents came down with the flu on the day he was supposed to go home so he came to live with me for two nights instead. :o) We did some significant middle-of-the-night bonding and he even convinced me to let him sleep in my bed. Well, okay, he can't talk, but he was saying it with his eyes (and whining!).
Safari was awesome last weekend - saw a leopard kill a warthog and then drag it up a tree right in front of us! Crazy to be in a safari jeep and driving over trees taller than the car (this could be a Land Rover commercial). A family of probably 15 elephants crossed our path too!
Okay, sorry to be so short, but I'm off to bed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha! it doesn't take much to cave in in the middle of the night when all you want is SLEEP, huh? :)but sleeping babies are so cozy...
can't wait to see the pics of your new place!!!! i miss you!!