Saturday, July 26, 2008

Santa Clause Is Coming to Town


Hello all! I am enjoying a day of quietness after a couple weeks of insanity and have stayed in bed late this morning in hopes that the knot in my right shoulder that had set up camp for the last few days will fade! I've been eating Reeses Pieces in bed with a cup of tea and a movie... what a perfect morning! haha
I met with the baby's surgeon yesterday and he is confident that the surgery to repair the airway was successful, and that the reasons he needed to be put back on the ventilator was a combination of residual swelling from the operation and the fact that children with Downs Syndrome often struggle to initiate breathing and coughing on their own. This, combined with the fact that two other staff members have stepped up in an amazing way to help me with hosting our visitors this week, has led to breathing a bit easier this morning!
For some reason "Christmas in July" has taken over Johannesburg. I think maybe people here feel like they should do something Christmas-y since it is winter here, so malls (like the one I went to last week) have set up Winter Wonderlands with machines blowing fake snow and hotels have put up massive Christmas trees. It's one of the strangest things I've ever seen!!
I wish I had more time to write this morning, but I am now off to do some laundry since this is my first free day in a while! :o)

No comments: